Hope that everyone is taking care in light of current events and the uncertain outcome of the corona virus. In today's episode of Subtext & Discourse I caught up with Berlin based photo media artist Boris Eldagsen. I've known Boris for many years now and in fact interviewed him back in 2014 when we presented his series Safety by Numbers in a group show about typologies.
Picking up where the previous conversation left off, we find out how his artistic process has evolved over the past six years, the new direction his work has taken, how photography festivals were a game changer, the influence of Roger Ballen on his work and upcoming solo exhibition this summer during the 2020 edition of Les Rencontres d'Arles in the south of France.
Interview with Boris Eldagsen recorded by Michael Dooney on 14. February 2020 at Boris's studio in Berlin, Germany.
- Home Page: http://www.eldagsen.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boriseldagsen/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/boriseldagsen
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJz2sAaos322wGsuCtNpZHg
- THE OTHER SIDE with Tanvir Taolad: http://www.eldagsen.com/theotherside/
- Luisa Catucci Gallery: https://www.luisacatucci.com/boris-eldagsen/
- Karl Oskar Gallery https://www.karloskargallery.com/photospiel
SEBASTIAN DE LA LUZ (audio engineering)
- Promoting Your Photography in the Art World: https://www.bbk-bildungswerk.de/con/cms/front_content.php?idart=6292&refId=789
- Private Coaching Sessions in Berlin: https://www.bbk-bildungswerk.de/con/cms/front_content.php?idart=15#dooney